Bathroom centres like CPL Bathrooms inspire ideas but establishing some parameters before you visit the showroom can save valuable time. Wilky design consultant Sheila Binns says: “If clients come in with a very simple specification of their needs it helps us to find a tailor-made solution as quickly and effectively as possible.”
She offers the following tips to bear in mind:
- Know the dimensions of the room and if possible bring in a sketch showing positions of doors, windows and soil pipe.
- Do you want a traditional or contemporary design?
- Is a separate shower enclosure needed?
- Do you need storage and if so, do you prefer simple shelves or purpose-built bathroom furniture?
- Will children or people with any special needs be using the bathroom?
- Should your bathroom provide hydromassage facilities such as a whirlpool bath or body jets within a shower?
- Will the room be tiled or are you considering other wall and floor coverings? High humidity conditions in bathrooms will not suit certain finishes.
- A good bathroom fitter is essential –
have you already lined one up or can we recommend some?